Saturday, July 9, 2011

Friday, 7-8-11

Activities:

1. Concrete Coring Company saw-cutting existing curb & gutter for median removal near project limits on Parker Road.

2. LV preparing sub-grade on W.B. Arapahoe Road in preparation for Aggregate Base Course (ABC) and subsequent new concrete paving.

3. WL Contractors performing specific wiring checks and locations for new traffic poles at the S.W. On-ramp.

4. Scott Contractors moving large paving equipment from existing area of S.B. Parker Road, South of bridge, that will need to be built-up with soil.

A couple of postings ago I mentioned the "Sleeper T" slab that runs between the bridge approach slab and concrete pavement. Here is a picture below of the piece of steel that gets anchored into the concrete that holds the expansion joint material.


Pictured below is an idea I had for myself so that I could keep track of what concrete, curb & gutter, 6" sidewalk, and permanent type-7 barrier I have measured and paid for. When I came into this project it wasn't clear what items inspectors or engineers had measured and what still needed to be measured. This is to ensure that our pay estimate for the month of June would be an accurate reflection of the work actually performed in June. This way, for the items I have been assigned to measure, I can keep an accurate representation and track what I have measured and paid for.

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed that you kept the number of highlighters to only 4. I was expecting more! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete