Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wednesday, 6-29-11 & Field Truck

Today there were a number of activities that were going on in preparation for the traffic switch that will take place later this evening. I will be heading back out to the site to monitor the change in traffic patterns to see if there are any problems that need to be resolved. It also occurred to me that I have mentioned my truck that CDOT gave to me to drive around. Here it is in all its glory. I used to have a much cooler light bar but it fell off while I was going around a curb. Now I have the 1970's single swivel special.


Wednesday's Activites:

1. Hamon Contractors (the prime on this project) putting class II finish on type 7 barrier on the Northeast ramp as well as the bridge.
2. Double D Construction pile-driving guardrail posts and placing guardrail as well as a 3G transition on Northbound Parker road at the bridge.


3. LV removing soil southeast of the Loop Ramp.
4. Hamon Contractors placing temporary type 7 barrier for Northbound and Southbound lanes across the bridge and Arapahoe Road.


5. Kolbe Striping placing temporary striping on Arapahoe Road, Loop Ramp, and Northbound Parker Road. The paint truck they used is pictured here.


6. Absolute Quality pouring curb & gutter as well as 6" sidewalk at various locations along Eastbound Arapahoe Road.
7. Hamon placing temporary light generators at various locations for the night work.
8. Measured 6" concrete sidewalk as well as temporary striping.

No comments:

Post a Comment